Things to Do in Calgary
Aloft Calgary University is conveniently located minutes away from some of the best attractions in the city. Catch a rodeo at Stampede Park, shop 'til you drop at Signal Hill Outlet, or enjoy a safari adventure at the Calgary Zoo. Before heading out and about check out our picks for things to do in Calgary during your stay.
- Calaway Park - Visit Western Canada's Largest Outdoor Family Amusement Park during your visit to Calgary. The park spans 160 acres and features 32 rides. Featuring numerous attractions, rides for the thrill-seekers, and top-notch live entertainment. Calaway is fun for the whole family.
- Stampede Park - Home to the Calgary Stampede and Calgary Flames hockey team, Stampede Park is a must see attraction, especially for guests visiting in July. Enjoy events like rodeo, chuck wagon races, agricultural fair and exhibitions, midway, trade fair, art exhibit and sale, Indian Village, and much more.
- Calgary Tower - Experience the exciting view from the top of the Calgary Tower. Located at the centre of downtown Calgary, the tower offers a 360° panoramic view of the city.
- Banff - Have a passion for skiing? Banff is a resort town and one of Canada's most popular tourist destinations, known for its mountainous surroundings and hot springs. It is a major destination for outdoor sports and features extensive hiking, biking, scrambling and skiing areas within the region.
- WinSport - WinSport offers summer and winter activities for all ages from bobsled skating, to zip lines and waterslides. This sports complex hosts events, summer camps, and features training programs for just about any sport you can imagine.
- University of Calgary - The University of Calgary is a public university in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University is composed of about 25,000 undergraduate and 5,500 graduate students. The university grounds lie about 2km north of Downtown Calgary, and immediately south of the neighborhoods of Varsity and Dalhousie. Go Dinos!
- McMahon Stadium - This stadium located on the University of Calgary campus is less than a ten-minute walk from our doors, hosting home games not only for the Dinos, but for the Calgary Colts, Calgary Gators, Calgary Wolfpack, and Calgary Stampeders as well.
- SAIT Polytechnic - The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, located just 2.1 km from Aloft, is made up of eight schools delivering over 100 career programs from trade, to business, and technology.
- Downtown Calgary - Calgary is rich in cowboy culture and home to the Calgary Stampede; gateway to the Rocky Mountains and host of the 1988 Winter Olympics; and a magnet for adventurers the world over. The original entertainment, dining and shopping options are endless in Downtown Calgary.
- Jubilee Auditorium - From comedy shows to concerts to ballet - you can truly enjoy it all at Jubilee Auditorium.
- Silver Springs Golf and Country Club - Hit the links on this scenic course featuring 300 acres of rolling hills, located just 11 km from Aloft.
- Kensington Village - Kensington Village is a vibrant pocket of Calgary featuring unique shops and restaurants, perfect for guests looking to explore an alternative area of the city.
- Calgary Zoo - The Calgary Zoo is located right in the heart of the city and just five minutes from downtown. Enjoy over 1000 animals, six acres of botanical gardens, and a prehistoric park at Western Canada's largest accredited zoo.
- TELUS Spark - Located just North of the Calgary Zoo, TELUS Spark is a science museum with interactive exhibits, multimedia presentations, and educational demonstrations. There are three traveling exhibits every year and more permanent exhibits that are designed on-site.
- Signal Hill Outlet Centre - Visit the largest outdoor mall in Calgary. The Signal Hill Shopping Centre, when combined with the Westhills Shopping Centre, features over 110 shops and services. All of your Calgary shopping, lifestyle, and entertainment needs in a single location!
- Market Mall Shopping Centre - Check out over 200 shopping and dining options waiting for you at the Market Mall. Even the kids will love a day out to the mall with the "Monkey Around Playground" to enjoy.
- Foothills Hospital
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre
- Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Gimbel Eye Centre