Things to Do in Calgary
Aloft Calgary University is conveniently located minutes away from some of the best attractions Calgary has to offer. Catch a rodeo at Stampede Park or shop til you drop at Signal Hill Outlet. Either way, there is something for everyone near our hotel.
- Calaway Park - Visit Western Canada's Largest Outdoor Family Amusement Park during your visit to Calgary! The park spans 160 acres and features 32 rides. Featuring numerous attractions, rides for the thrill-seekers, and top-notch live entertainment. Calaway is fun for the whole family!
- Stampede Park - Home of the Calgary Stampede. This is a must-see event for travelers visiting during the month of July. Enjoy events like rodeo, chuckwagon races, agricultural fair & exhibitions, midway, trade fair, art exhibit and sale, Indian Village, and much more! But that's not all... Stampede Park is also home of the Calgary Flames NHL ice hockey team! Catch a game and enjoy a night out with the crowd.
- Calgary Tower - Experience the exciting view from the top of the Calgary Tower. Located at the centre of downtown Calgary, the tower offers a 360° panoramic view of the city.
- Banff - Have a passion for skiing? Banff is a resort town and one of Canada's most popular tourist destinations, known for its mountainous surroundings and hot springs. It is a major destination for outdoor sports and features extensive hiking, biking, scrambling and skiing areas within the region.
- University of Calgary - The University of Calgary is a public university in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University is composed of about 25,000 undergraduate and 5,500 graduate students. The university grounds lie about 2km north of Downtown Calgary, and immediately south of the neighborhoods of Varsity and Dalhousie. Go Dinos!
- Downtown Calgary - Calgary is rich in cowboy culture and home to the Calgary Stampede; gateway to the Rocky Mountains and host of the 1988 Winter Olympics; and a magnet for adventurers the world over. The original entertainment, dining and shopping options are endless in Downtown Calgary.
- Calgary Zoo The Calgary Zoo is located right in the heart of the city and only 5 minutes from downtown. Western Canada's largest accredited zoo makes every trip an adventure! Enjoy over 1000 animals, 6 acres of botanical gardens, a prehistoric park, zoo-nique playgrounds and more!
- The New Science Centre Located just North of the Calgary Zoo, The New Science Centre is a science museum with interactive exhibits, multimedia presentations, and educational demonstrations. There are three traveling exhibits every year and more permanent exhibits that are designed on-site.
- Signal Hill Outlet Centre Visit the largest outdoor mall in Calgary. The Signal Hill Shopping Centre, when combined with the Westhills Shopping Centre, features over 110 shops and services. All of your Calgary shopping, lifestyle, and entertainment needs in a single location!
- Grey Eagle Casino Ready to try your luck? Enjoy everything from bingo to slots to table games to poker at the Grey Eagle Casino & Bingo. The casino is located on the Tsuu T'ina First Nation, nestled in the beautiful backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, in Calgary.
- Jubilee Auditorium From comedy shows to concerts to ballet - you can truly enjoy it all at Jubilee Auditorium.
There are a number of excellent healthcare facilities and hospitals located just minutes from Aloft Calgary University, including:
- Foothills Hospital
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre
- Alberta Children’s Hospital
- Gimbel Eye Centre